It occurred to me that a high percentage of my recent posts on various social media are complaints or rants about something that is bugging me at the moment. Because I don’t want to be that guy, here are some things that I like:
- MLB Network – My TV is constantly on MLB during baseball season. Great, great coverage. I love Harold Reynolds and Mitch Williams is great (which I wasn’t expecting for some reason).
- Kindle – I got a Kindle last year and, as a book guy, wasn’t sure if I was going to like it. Now there are very titles where I want the actual book. I just want it on the Kindle.
- Chili dogs from The Varsity – Drove through Atlanta last weekend going to my cousin’s wedding and got to stop at The Varsity. Best chili dogs on the planet.
- Ken Burns Baseball – As long as this has been out, I can’t believe I’ve never watched this. Watching it on Netflix on my Tivo Premiere (2 more things I like, by the way)
- Foo Fighters – Not only a great band, but you’ve got to love guys that help cover a set at a festival when someone else is a no-show and play shows in peoples’ garages.
- Stub Hub – They made this list by taking care of me (and everyone else) when it looked like the Auburn vs. Oregon BCS Championship was going to be a disaster.
- Citrix Online (GoToAssist, GoToMeeting, GoToMyPC) – Helping other people with their computers is a lot easier now than it was 10 years ago and Citrix has a lot to do with that.
- Google Calendar – On the computer and on my Android phone, this is just a good product.
- (and last, but not least) Nice lady working at the McDonald’s drive thru who loaned my wife money last week when she got to the window and realized her wallet wasn’t in her purse.